Foundation for Social Transformation is looking for a Program Officer - Community Development and Sustainable Livelihood who has the experience of working in the areas of environment & natural resources, climate change and sustainable livelihoods.
Duty Station- Guwahati
Reporting To - Programme Manager
- Assist in programme work including planning and implementation of all project and programmes. This comprises of :
- Identification and communication with potential partners.
- Assessing capacity of potential grantees/partners.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the projects.
- Networking with partner organizations.
- Identify all project logistic requirements and organise the same.
- Organize convenings, workshops and meetings with partners as well as other stakeholders.
- Documenting project activities and processes. This would comprise of:
- Analyzing reports and documents and updating the programme manager about the partners, for appropriate interventions.
- Analyzing reports and providing feedback to the partner.
- Develop and maintain various projects process document.
- Identifying program learning’s, and thereafter highlighting issues of concern and good practices that NGO partners can share with FST.
- Share project highlights with communication team for media outreach
Besides the above, the Programme Officer will be required to
- Maintain full confidentiality of the organizational information and unless officially authorized, not offering any opinion / information / operational details / politically motivated statements etc., to the press in particular and the public in general.
- Demonstrate willingness to be flexible in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- During your tenure with FST, you will devote your full time and energies to achieving the aims and objectives of this organization and not take up any other full/part-time assignments elsewhere.
Postgraduate degree in social sciences or related field from a recognized institution with at least 4-5 years experience in the above areas.
- Must have worked in the areas of environment, natural resources, climate change, conservation and linked livelihoods.
- Strong co-ordination, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Good judgment, an ability to work in a team, and cope in difficult and diverse situations
- Experience of working with grassroots organizations in the north east region will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with grant making procedures is a definite advantage
- Fluency in spoken and written English and proficiency in using computers for official work, including Word processing, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Good writing skills and experience in the preparation of reports in English language.
- Knowledge of languages of the North Eastern states would be an added advantage.
- Willing to undertake extensive travel both locally, within northeast and also nationally
Interested candidates apply to the Executive Director/Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately. Short listed candidates will be invited for a formal written test and interview before final selection. Refer www.fstindia.org for further details about the organisation. Candidates from all North East States encourage to apply. Salary depending upon experience,qualification and skills.
Kindly mention your Expected Salary.
We are an equal employmet opportunity provider.
Please Note: FST is a secular, not for profit, gender just, non political organisation conceived, led and managed by people from the region, to support forward looking initiatives in north east India. Located at Guwahati, Assam, FST supports creative approaches for solutions to critical issues of the region, along parallel tracks of grant making to organisations & individuals for working on thematic areas and building capacities and knowledge through training and networking.