Applications for Program Manager
Foundation for Social Transformation: enabling north east india
The Foundation for Social Transformation: enabling north east india (FST) is a not for profit, feminist, gender just, apolitical, indigenous philanthropic organization, conceived, led and managed by people from the region to support progressive grassroots initiatives in the North East India. Founded in 2005, FST works towards supporting community led solutions that contribute towards creating a just, peaceful and equal society. As an indigenous philanthropic organization FST focuses on transforming the lives of vulnerable people by creating a cadre of change agents in marginalized rural and urban communities and establishing a culture of community giving for social justice and building a strong network of grassroots groups in NE India.
FST has four thematic issues -
a. Rural and Informal Economy
b. Gender and Patriarchy
c. Protection of Environment and Natural Resources
d. Marginalized groups.
Job Title: Programme Manager – Gender & Patriarchy; Protection of Environment and Natural Resources
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: Programme Officers and Associates
Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiate environment analysis of issues gender discrimination, marginalization, and violence against women and develop an implementable strategy and programme.
- Provide technical advice, direction and support to the organization in directing FST’s sectorial strategies to achieve significant impact on gender, women’s rights and feminist perspective on environment and natural resource
- Promote gender equality and women’s leadership in all programs and projects
- Design implantable strategy to promote feminist leadership in the region.
- Develop strategy for protection of natural resource, environment and climate change from feminist perspective.
- Build the capacity of all staff on how to integrate gender concerns from a programmatic perspective through training, guidance, one-on-one support, commenting on strategy plans, providing input to program design and proposal writing and orientation on the use of Gender
- Take lead in mapping of different stakeholders and engages with them to highlights issues of the communities and region.
- Take lead in designing and strengthening program management systems of the organization.
- Identify potential grassroots organizations and individuals to partner with for implementation of programmes
- Coordinate, develop and maintain key professional networks, relationships with partners, national and international agencies, civil society organisations/ women’s organisations to ensure gender is integrated in wider initiatives, and to promote the partners’ participation in coordination systems at the local level.
- Adhere to all reporting systems and procedures as per schedules & deadlines
Qualification and Experience
- Post-graduate in social science, development management or relevant field.
- At least 5-8 years of experience in leading and managing field operations related to gender, environment, natural resource, climate change etc.
- Person should be familiar with the geographies, politics, culture and issues of North East India.
- The person must have knowledge and perspective about the gender issues, feminist perspective. Working knowledge of various international and national gender issues is an added advantage,
- Person having experiences on environment, natural resource management and climate change will be a plus point.
- Leadership ability, including the capacity to set and manage accountability for self and other team members.
- Eagerness to learn. Capacity to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing in English, and at least one or more local language of the region to communicate and make effective presentations.
- Proficient in MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively in the region (including interior areas) and outside.
- Have understanding of result based management and proposal development.
- Innovative and able to drive change: Eye for detail, and able to seek continuous improvement with innovative ideas, solutions that produce results.
- Mentors others: Ability to give people challenging assignments and develop their capabilities; provide timely coaching, instruction and feedback, create an environment of learning.
- Have long term perspective: take actions to build a strong foundation for future success, identify and take advantage of emerging opportunities.
- Manage complexity: clarify issues in complex or ambiguous situations; balance competing priorities or goals, take timely decisions using available facts in ambiguous situations; make sense of inconsistent data; keep focused on key objectives and results when addressing the details of a situation
- Influence decisions & actions: build support for recommendations and decisions; find common ground and mutual benefits to gain agreement and commitment; show enthusiasm, excitement and passion for goals.
Last Date To Receive Applications : 25th November, 2018