As a part of FST’s Youth Leadership Development Program Onia Tage hailing from Arunachal Pradesh is working on the project titled SKILL DEVELOPMENT TRAINING FOR YOUTHS IN ZIRO VALLEY OF ARUNACHAL PRADESH.
The objectives of the project can be stated as under
- Mobilisation of youth from 8 villages in Ziro valley of Arunachal Pradesh for skill developmen
- Building capacity of 24 selected youth from 8 villages on entrepreneurial and marketing skills
Achievements of Onia Tage till date:
- Onia Tage along with her team of 10 young girls from the remote land of Ziro, Arunachal Pradesh, India is a part of this training.
- The training activities include learning the nuances of the craft, preparing sellable garments and refining artwork on cloths.
- This training is under the Self Employed Tailor (SET) scheme, sponsored by Ministry of Development of Northeastern Region and Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and organised by the Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship, Guwahati, Assam, India.
- The aim of this training is to strengthen these young women to become future entrepreneurs and be owners of their own development processes.
- Onia Tage held an awareness program on Skill Development training at Ziro Valley of Arunachal Pradesh. The participants for the training came from the Hija, Hong and Hari villages situated at the Ziro Valley. The idea behind this program was to generate awareness on various government schemes on skill development.