Foundation for Social Transformation: enabling north east india
The Foundation for Social Transformation: enabling north east india (FST) is a not for profit, feminist, gender just, apolitical, indigenous philanthropic organization, conceived, led and managed by people from the region to support progressive grassroots initiatives in the North East India. Founded in 2005, FST works towards supporting community led solutions that contribute towards creating a just, peaceful and equal society. As an indigenous philanthropic organization FST focuses on transforming the lives of vulnerable people by creating a cadre of change agents in marginalized rural and urban communities and establishing a culture of community giving for social justice and building a strong network of grassroots groups in NE India.
FST has four thematic issues - a. Rural and Informal Economy, b. Gender and Patriarchy, c. Protection of Environment and Natural Resources, d. Marginalized groups.
Job Title: Programme Manager
Job period: Contractual
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: State Coordinators
A. Purpose: Civil Society Engagement Programme
B. Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the programme on SDG and peace in the three states of Manipur, Assam and Nagaland.
- Develop coherent and performing relationship with the civil society organizations, government departments, UN bodies etc.
- Take lead in developing civil society charter on SDGs
- Develop strategy for visibilising the grassroots situations on SDGs with the government departments and UN.
- Take lead in mapping of different stakeholders and engages with them to highlights issues of the communities and region.
- Take lead in designing and strengthening program management systems of the organization.
- Identify potential grassroots organizations and individuals to partner with for implementation of programme
- Identify training needs and ensure that opportunities are made available for staff to acquire and build requisite skills.
- Ensure implementation and supervision of monitoring system and facilitate use of information at all levels.
- Adhere to all reporting systems and procedures as per schedules & deadlines.
- Mentor the programme team to bring effectiveness and efficiency.
- Maintain productive and synergistic relationships with the partner agencies in project implementation.
C. Qualification and Experience
- Post-graduate in social science, development management or relevant field.
- At least 5-8 years of experience in leading and managing field operations related to SDGs, peace conflict etc.
- Person should be familiar with the geographies, politics, culture and issues of North East India.
- The person must have a fair knowledge and perspective about the civil society of India.Clear understanding on development dynamics of NE region is required.
- Person having experiences on SDGs and peace& conflict will be a plus point.
- Knowledge of languages of the North Eastern states specially Assam, Nagaland and Manipur would be an added advantage.
- Candidates only from Northeast should apply.
- Leadership ability, including the capacity to set and manage accountability for self and other team members.
- Eagerness to learn. Capacity to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing in English, and at least one or more locallanguage of the region to communicate and make effective presentations.
- Proficient in MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively in the region (including interior areas) and outside.
- Innovative and able to drive change: Eye for detail, and able to seek continuous improvement with innovative ideas, solutions that produce results.
- Mentors others: Ability to give people challenging assignments and develop their capabilities; provide timely coaching, instruction and feedback, create an environment of learning.
- Have long term perspective: take actions to build a strong foundation for future success, identify and take advantage of emerging opportunities.
- Manage complexity: clarify issues in complex or ambiguous situations; balance competing priorities or goals, take timely decisions using available facts in ambiguous situations; make sense of inconsistent data; keep focused on key objectives and results when addressing the details of a situation
- Influence decisions & actions: build support for recommendations and decisions; find common ground and mutual benefits to gain agreement and commitment; show enthusiasm, excitement and passion for goals.
Last date of Application: 5thOctober’2020.
Job email id: email@example.com
Application should contain updated resume, cover letter, experience details and expected salary. Resume with incomplete details will be rejected. Joining will be ASAP.
FST is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability. We encourage candidates from North East India to apply.